Monday, July 11, 2011

The Good. . .

The concert on Saturday was exactly what I needed to help me recover from the events of last week. . .

First of all, it was practically in my back yard (not literally in my back yard- ewww).  Meridian City Hall is less than 5 minutes away from home. . .

PLUS, the group was Kevin Kirk and Onomotopeia!  One of my very favorite bands.  Ever. . .

Back in February of 2009, we worked with this group on a live HD production for Idaho Public Television.  You can read more about it here.  You can even watch the DVD right here.

Turns out the concert won several prestigious awards for the production that we had the privilege of being a part of.  You can read more about those awards here.  Kevin was even nice enough to mention the part that we played in that amazing production and thanked us profusely more than once to the audience. . .

But the really fun part in all of this was watching my brother-in-law, David, who hired us to run sound for the City Hall event, play with Kevin Kirk. . .
It was a great concert and a very fun evening topped off with dinner at Pie Hole with family and friends.  It was a good reminder of the importance of taking the good with the bad and being thankful for what I have. . .

No comments: