Saturday, October 9, 2010

Operation Appreciation Slideshow. Finally.

I've been working on a slide show for our event at Gowen Field last month for several weeks. I took over 250 pictures, of course, and I've been trying to narrow them down to the best of the best. I also have a slide show program that I really like but it always screws up the music so I decided to try something else. I'm not thrilled with the picture quality of this program but the audio is much, much better than the other one so I finally decided to finalize it and upload it to Youtube. The song I uploaded with it is by Darryl Worley who is also the artist we worked with but the funny thing is, it's also the song that gave me my blog title almost 4 years ago. The chorus says, "I love this crazy tragic, sometimes almost magic, awful beautiful life." I didn't even know Worley was the artist who made that song popular until I heard him perform it live at Gowen Field for Operation Appreciation.

Setting up and pulling off this concert was one of the most stressful things (to me, anyway) that we did all summer. It took the better part of a week to prepare for, we worked with some high ranking officials and our good friends out at the base put their necks our there for us not REALLY knowing if we could pull it off. We also had weather issues and several other unknowns. It was a LOT of pressure. In the end, though, we pulled it off and everyone was happy. Worley put on a great show and, once everything kicked off, I was able to relax and enjoy the concert.

This is a video I found on Youtube that explains a little more about what the event was all about:


Have I mentioned that I'm glad summer is over????

No comments: