Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Way Back Home. . .

I didn't spend much time writing about this trip due to lack of time. I knew if I didn't post pictures each day I would fall hopelessly behind and never catch up. There are too many interesting things coming up that will need posting to risk falling behind! Plus, I try to be careful what I say because you never know who might be reading!! So on a scale of 1-10, 1 being horrific and 10 being amazing, this trip was about a 6. I worked harder than I planned to, there was a bad coffee-in-the-mustang incident that nearly pushed me over the edge and the weather was mostly overcast and drizzly but other than that, everything was fine. By Monday morning I was more than ready to go home.

Speaking of the drive home, the mustang is pretty and fast and all but it's not really my cup of tea. I'm too short to see over the dash and Rob likes to ride the corners like he's on rails and with all of the winding roads, I spent most of the car ride not feeling well. On a positive note, we made a planned stop at the George's house on the way home. They weren't too far out of the way but the road to their house was even more winding than the highway! It was a beautiful drive, though, so that made it more bearable.



Gil and Louise are staying in a nice little house next to the church where they are pastoring. . .


It was so nice to just sit in the living room and visit. . .

There were many, many photo opportunities. . .





Gil and Louise took us on a ride around their new home town. . .



We only stayed for a couple of hours but it was just what I needed . . .










After we left Woodland, we headed straight for Quaker Hill in McCall. My friend, Judy, had put out a FB plea to see if anyone was coming through the area on Monday that might be able to give her husband a ride home. Ken's an old friend of ours, too, plus I knew I'd get to see Gloria who left for camp AFTER I left for Sandpoint so it was an easy decision to make this extra stop!


We totally surprised her and I think she was happy to see us. . .

It made me very happy to find out that Pam Aubrey was her counselor!!!



We didn't stay long, but it was fun to see a part of her camp experience. . .


We didn't arrive home until after midnight and Lucy was very happy to see us. I'm sure Zach was happy, too, but the first thing out of his mouth was, "Don't come in, you'll mess up the house." This was a solo 4-day weekend for him and he did great! I came home to a clean house, clean laundry and a freshly mown lawn. I don't want him to ever move out!
We have several more road trips coming up this summer but, thankfully, I'll be driving my pickup!! Next stop: Donnelly, ID for the Roseberry Festival. . .

1 comment:

Tresa said...

Welcome home! Oh, I think I'm jealous that you got to see Gil and Louise...what a precious couple. Seeing your pictures brought back memories. My grandparents pastored there for a while, and I loved that old house! Such a quaint area...and yes, the road is a little curvy! I don't think I'd like it in the winter. Anyway, fun looking at your pictures!