Friday, July 9, 2010

Camp. . .

Last week was a little crazy. I guess it's always a little crazy around here but this was something new. Rob and I left for Sandpoint on Thursday but Gloria had to meet the bus for camp on Saturday. Camp normally runs Sunday through Friday but they are doing things a little bit different this year. I'm not opposed to change so I'm with holding judgement on the new camp routine until it's all said and done but it threw things off just a little bit this year. Fortunately we have Grandma Jeanie and Grandpa Dick who were more than willing to keep Gloria for a few days and then deliver her to the bus on Saturday morning. Zach held down the fort at home for 4 days and did a fabulous job but I only got to see him for 1 short day before HE had to catch a bus to camp. I dropped him off at Home Depot on State St. at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday morning. It was a little chaotic. . .

I know he's just 1 month shy of turning 18 so why is it still difficult to send him off to camp for a week without me??????? Could it be that I have the apron strings just a little too tight???


I was back at the same Home Depot at 5:30 p.m. to pick up Gloria. . .


For some reason I don't worry about her quite as much. Not sure why but I have my theories. I was a little sad to find out that she had to have a dose of middle-school-girl drama when one of the girls in her cabin convinced the rest of the girls to ignore her for a day just because she made friends with someone outside of her cabin. I think she handled it better than I did when I was in jr hi. . . I just told her, "Welcome to middle school. Get used to it." Really not looking forward to sending her to public school. . .



Lucy loves all of us but I think she holds a special place in her heart for Gloria. She refused to leave her side the rest of the day. . .


We'll all be back together on Monday when Zach comes home. It will be nice to get back to our "normal" crazy routine. . .

No comments: