Sunday, June 22, 2008

Gloria and the Reptile Guy

The set-up for Sunday's event went pretty smoothly and actually turned out to be a lot of fun. The park was filled with jump houses, small carnival rides and all kinds of entertainment. The stage and canopy turned out really nice:






The "Rhythm Dogs":

The Reptile Guy was very cool. He's only 18 or 19 and he's been taking rescued animals to all sorts of places, including The Tonight Show, since he was 14.

He's great at interacting with the audience and drawing them in to what he's doing. Of course, when he asked for volunteers, Gloria immediately caught his attention:









He seems to really love what he does and it shows in the way he holds the audiences' attention.

Gloria rode The Orbitron over and over. She even convinced me to try it and I managed to do it without throwing up!

The Tracie Underwood Connection Band:

Gloria made herself at home, as usual, and had a great time winning prizes at Bingo:

When the event ended, Rob hi-jacked my camera and took pictures of his new objects of affection:

I have made it pretty clear over the years that I don't want to fly speakers. . .

I've thought about giving him an ultimatum. . . the speakers. . .

. . . or me. . .

. . . but chances are good I might lose. . .

We only had about an hour and a half before we had to vacate the premises so we broke things down as quickly as we could. We had great help. . .

Gloria took advantage of the rented dance floor and performed for her imaginary audience:








We were able to load everything but the two stages by the time we had to leave. One more trip in the morning and we'll have one more event to check off the (long, long) list. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of you is HOTTTT!!!! If Rob doesn't pick you, I will.

Melanie said...

That kid is a card, A CARD, I tell you. I'm going to have her over to the house and play BeeJees records for her.