Saturday, June 7, 2008

Day 5 Mule Days

Up early again on Saturday in order to set up the "Center Stage" which would be the venue for an all day array of hometown talent. Our job was to provide the stage and a small sound system in the center of the "campus" (that someone else would be in charge of) so we could focus our time and energy on the main stage and enjoy things like the parade with our kids. It was a very nice surprise to find Kurt and his daughter getting a head start setting it up when we arrived on the scene! Kurt volunteered for the nasty job of crawling around under the stage, shimming it up and attaching clamps. In the picture it looks like Rob is giving directions, but I think he was sleeping. . .

Once again, good planning went bad and I ended up being in charge of running sound all day at the Center Stage. Kurt helped out, too, and we had cloggers and dancers and singers. We even had a local band perform.

It wasn't exactly how I wanted to spend my Saturday and it threw off things on the main stage a little bit, but I survived it. I had one lady refer to me as a "First-Timer" and that straw almost broke the camels back, but I got over it!!

Gloria spent more time with her make-over friend and rode more rides. . .


The main act for the day on the "Main Stage" was the band, StraightAway. They lost their best guitar player so they weren't quite as good, but we still had fun.



Kurt was nice enough to run their monitors so I could have a break. . .












Gloria is on this spinny-pukey ride. . . glad it's not me. . .

No comments: