Tuesday, March 5, 2013

What if...

I'm beginning to understand a little bit about what the term "mid-life crisis" means. It's about regrets and losing things that were taken for granted until it was too late. Most of the time I can brush it off with a wave of my hand and an "it is what it is" attitude. But sometimes, it's harder to get past what might have happened in the past that might have changed everything. Things that might have made things easier. Chances are very good that if I had the opportunity to do things differently, I would choose the same path with a few different choices.

All that to say, tonight we ran sound for a choir concert at Gloria's school. It wasn't even a concert that Gloria was a part of but we have been working with her choir teacher on several projects and I am happy to help her when we can.

It wasn't the first time that I've had this epiphany but I couldn't help but think this could have / should have been my calling. I could have / should have been a music person of some kind. I could have / should have worked with kids and fostered a love of music in them along with all of the things that go with it. I could have / should have ....

But I didn't.

And there isn't anything I can do about that now.

BUT I can make the best of what I DO have and continue to be thankful for the people in my life and find another way to make music that will make the second half of my life that much better...






No comments: