Friday, March 29, 2013

Thursday...

Yesterday was a good day but I didn't take a single picture. I actually took the entire day, in the middle of the week, off. It was weird. But good-weird.

Come to think of it, I did work briefly in the morning but only because we had to fix a speaker in the band room at Gloria's school. But then I spent the rest of my day doing what I wanted. Well... Mostly what Gloria wanted.

My good, good friend, Lisa Flesher, whom I have known since the late 80s- she was in my wedding and I sang at her wedding- has been gone for 10 long years. First to Texas and then to Kentucky. And now they are back in Boise!!! We went to lunch at Carl's Jr. with her sweet twin boys and Gloria. Lisa took care of Gloria when she was about 9 months til she was about 2 while I taught music classes. It was wonderful catching up with her. Thankfully, Facebook has kept us in touch all these years so it was easy to take up where we left off. I look forward to many, many more outings with Lisa and her family. I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture at lunch!

After lunch Gloria and I went shopping. Oh how I LOVE shopping. Not. But I love being with my girl so I took her to Gordmans and Savers and the mall. She got a pretty dress for Easter and we had cinnamon rolls. Fun but exhausting.

I spent the rest of the day recovering and reminding myself that it wasn't yet the weekend.

I really should try that more often. Except for the shopping...

No comments: