Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Getting Older...

I know I talk a lot about how getting old is killing me but I'm realizing there is a positive side to aging. For instance, I'm (mostly) ok with how I look. Not because I look great but because I'm ok with who I am. I left the house without putting on mascara this morning and, even though I had some with me, I didn't bother to put it on. All day. It may seem like a lIttle thing to some (and just plain weird if you're a guy) but I remember a time when physical appearance was ridiculously important.

I've also realized that I am perfectly ok with having just a few close friends. Being popular is SO not a big deal at my age. It's nice not to worry so much about what people think. I know there will still be times when I'll inevitably fall into worry and wonder over the opinions of others but those times get fewer and farther between the older I get.

And that's what I call looking on the bright side!!

No comments: