Sunday, April 8, 2012

Tradition. . .

Every year for as long as I can remember, we have decorated eggs for Easter.  The kids usually start bugging me about it a few weeks before Easter and I put them off until a few days before because it always makes such a huge mess.  This year I didn't hear anything from the kids about this little tradition at all.  I started to think maybe they were just getting too old for it.  I decided that might be just fine since, you know, it always makes such a huge mess.  But I bought a bunch of extra eggs anyway.  And a couple of boxes of egg decorating supplies.  And I waited.  Still nothing from the kids. 

Gloria had planned to have a friend stay the night on Friday night which I realized would be our only decorating night so I decided to have her friend join in the fun.  Unless it would be too silly and little-kiddish.  As soon as I mentioned the Egg Decorating Party, the kids realized they had forgotten all about it but quickly made up for their lack of enthusiasm.  And it turns out that her friend had never experienced the fun and mess that comes with decorating Easter Eggs so that was just a bonus!!




The eggs turned out just beautiful, of course. . .

I'll let you decide who each of these belong to. . .






When all was said and done, it turns out I'm the one who is getting too old to decorate eggs.  I went to bed before they were finished but woke up in the morning to a completely clean kitchen!!  I call that win-win!!

No comments: