Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Proud Mama. . . (Brag Alert!). . .

I don't know that I ever felt 100% confident that teaching Zach at home was the right thing.  I second guessed myself on occasion but I also knew that it felt right.  It certainly wasn't perfect and there are things I wish I would have done differently but, all in all, I can say that I'm thankful we chose to take that path.  I'm sure he probably would have done well academically in whatever path we had chosen but I like to believe that the opportunities that he had at home gave him at least a few advantages when it came to college. 

His first semester at BSU has been an adventure and I've been so proud of him all along the way.  He has taken total responsibility for every single class.  The best part is that he enjoyed it!  He has always loved learning and books and discussions so this was a perfect next step for him. 

All of that to say, he pulled off a 4.0 this semester.  Five classes, five A's.  He had over a 96% in two of the classes.  One of them was Logic! 

He was definitely ready for a break after finals but I think he's already looking forward to next semester.  I couldn't be more proud of this kid. . .

No comments: