Sunday, August 28, 2011

Just Another Busy Weekend. . .

It's hard to believe that summer is almost over.  I look forward to the end of our busy season as much as I dread it.  Summer brings a little bit of security along with the exhaustion and winter brings rest but a little bit of worry, too.  We brought August to an end with four back to back events. . .

Thursday morning was a last minute stage set up for a Sunday afternoon event.  Sunday was already booked so when the call came in for a stage rental, all we could do was set it up on Thursday morning before the rest of the weekend took over. . .

Thursday afternoon/evening was the final Nampa Nights of the season.  Julia came by and promoted her weekend event during one of the breaks with Carl.  I have much, much more to say about Julia but that's for another post. . .

We spent the entire day on Friday out in Kuna setting up for Julia's benefit concert.  The high school in Kuna is brand-spanking-new and they have a beautiful event center built in to the school.  Who knew Kuna would be state-of-the-art?? 

I had a few extra butterflies in my stomach over this event because the last concert we had with many of these same performers still lingers in the back of my mind as a very bad day.  I can't even put a link to it here because the memory makes me nauseous but it was last year towards the end of January or first of February.  I spent most of Saturday hoping and praying that everything would go smoothly.  My worries were all for nothing because it was pretty much a perfect evening. . .

We left Kuna sometime between midnight and 1 a.m., managed to get a few hours of sleep and then arrived at Julia Davis Park at 6:30 a.m. to set up for a church that we've worked with in the past.  I wasn't worried at all about this event.  Mostly because I was too tired . . .

We still have to wrap up a few details from the weekend's events on Monday and then we'll have a breather to catch up on everything else for a few days. 

A few more busy weekends and another festival season will be over. . .

No comments: