Monday, February 22, 2010

Busy. . .

Today was jam-packed with activity. I started the day at the car wash due to the fact that someone side swiped the back fender of my truck over the weekend and it was very difficult to tell what was grime and what was damage. I decided I was better off with a dirty truck because, now that it is clean, every dent, scratch and ding is much more obvious. The damage is real but I guess it could be much worse. Rob was able to push out the dent and he thinks we can buff out some of the marks that were left by the hit-and-run driver. . .


After spending a couple of hours on schoolwork, Gloria attended a little class for home schoolers at the local library. I find myself steering clear of most activities that are geared specifically for "home schooled" kids because we generally don't seem to fit in with "that" group. I don't want to stereo type or label anyone but I have found that the majority of home school groups that we have tried to associate with are . . . well, it's hard to describe, but after the class, Gloria summed it up this way,

"Those kids were smart and dressed funny. Public school kids would make fun of them."

We also don't always fit in with other groups either, so maybe it's just the Baker's that are strange.

I guess that's all I will say about that. . .





The class will only be once a month and will cover many aspects of different cultures. Today they studied Australia.



Gloria had a really good time in spite of the "what-not-to-wear" fashion sense of the other attenders. . .


She needs this type of thing in her life and I need to be willing to let her have it. . .


I'm gonna work on that. . .



After the class we had a chance to catch part of a basket ball game that my nephew was playing in. We went directly from a class of young-ish homeschooled kids to a (public) middle school basket ball game. Gloria, of course, felt like the clothing choices were much more on par with her own sense of style and went away with a determination to get a pair of Keds. . .


We went home to wrap gifts and headed to the in-laws for Tony's birthday party. The party deserves a post of it's own because it was hilarious. And I can't post just one or two pictures.
Tomorrow's another very full day so, for now, the party pictures are on Facebook and will wind up here eventually. . .

No comments: