Monday, April 14, 2008

Bogus

Rob has more energy than anyone I know. The last few weeks he has literally worked from morning 'til night (9 a.m. - 12 a.m.) every single day with hardly any breaks at all. Besides building the Baker stage (and installing it last week), he has also built several cases with Melissa and managed to do all of this with a broken toe and a toothache. After working until after midnight on Saturday, he had to get up at 6:30 a.m. on Sunday in order to be at Bogus Basin at 8:00 a.m. for a concert set-up. When I arrived on the mountain around noon, he and Dale had everything set up and ready to go and he still had energy to spare. I think it helps that he absolutely loves what he does. He thinks building stages and running sound is fun. Somehow these things energize him rather than tire him out. Not me, I get tired just watching him work!!

The event was for Bogus Basin's end-of-season party and it was a perfect day for it. The temperature was close to 80 degrees so people were in shorts and t-shirts (even a few bikinis!) and everyone seemed to be having a great time.

The kid's brought their ski and snowboard gear and spent the afternoon on the slopes. In this picture, Zach is in the red coat and Gloria is in the turquoise shirt right in the middle:

The snow was pretty sticky so it wasn't the best for snowboarding.

Even after Zach grew bored with it and sat down, Gloria continued to go up the lift by herself and even made a few new friends.

Even though her cold seems to be worse, not better, she's a lot like her dad when it comes to her energy level:

There was a costume contest in the middle of the afternoon and many people were dressed quite amusingly:




I can't post a picture of the guy who won because I have a G-rated site.
I left the mountain when the concert was over in order to make it to my committee meeting so I missed the tear-down. Drat. Rob and I both arrived home at about the same time in the evening and he still had enough energy to prune the cherry tree in the backyard:

When he and Zach finished the tree, he STILL had enough energy to learn Settlers. We played until 1 a.m. and he almost beat us!

I don't know how he does it . . .

No comments: