Monday, February 13, 2012

The Remodel. . . Part 2. . .

So. . . . after working in a mostly demolished space for close to a year, construction began again.  I was thrilled that the wall enclosing my office away from the dust and debris was the first order of business.

Once enclosed, my office was mostly good to go.  I was happy with the paint that was already on the walls and we painted the new wall a neutral grey to go with the carpet.  The tarp in the doorway was quickly replaced by an actual door and, for the first time in a long time (maybe EVER) I had my very own space.  With two doors that I could shut (and lock!) if necessary. 


It's really difficult to describe the rest of the building but it was made up of a series of small rooms seperated by long, dark hallways and grafitti covered walls.  We had been using all of the space possible but that meant there were an assortment of things spread throughout the building which left us constantly looking for things.  We also lacked a professional looking area where we could meet with potential customers.  Rob and Kurt also needed a space of their own to build cables and do whatever else needed to be done.  And also, Rob needed to stop putting his stuff on my desk.  Which he had a bad habit of doing.  All the time.  Not that it bothered me. . . Pfttt. . .

I, personally, didn't do much in the way of demolition or construction but I took plenty of pictures.  Keep in mind that the original room once looked like this.  Notice, especially, the ceiling.  It's actually a false ceiling that is angled in some pretty strange ways. . .

I won't try to explain the next set of pictures because I've probably already given way more information than anyone actually wants but I find the whole process very interesting. . .












This is my favorite part: Now Rob has a place to put his stuff!!!  And when he forgets and leaves his stuff on my desk anyway, I have a place to toss his stuff!!


The pictures really can't do justice to the magnitude of this project and this room is still a work in progress but, considering it had to be torn down to the bare bones from top to bottom including the lighting, the transformation is amazing! 

And that was just the beginning!!!

To be continued. . .

No comments: