Sunday, February 19, 2012

Connections. . .

Blogging in Real Time for a moment. . .

Interesting day today and I don't want to forget to post more about it later so I'll put this up now as a reminder!!  It's what I do.  Weird, I know.

GOOD day at church.  Haven't been able to say that for awhile so wanted to make a note of it.  Zach gave the message and it was GOOD.  And relevant.  Steph and I sang a special together for the first time.  Ever.  It was GOOD.  Both of these events were recorded so I hope to post them here later in the week.  Maybe.

And THEN, Gloria found out that her good friend from school is actually her cousin.  3rd or 4th cousin anyway but she is related to people I KNOW and used to visit on occasion!  Jessica stayed the night with us last night (she and Gloria had discussed things they have in common over the last two school years- familiar names, common places) and today we had lunch with my mom for her birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!) and more of the pieces came together.  My mom has done a ton of genealogy research on our family so she called me just now and I put it all down on paper. 

In this picture of my grandpa with his siblings, my dad's dad, my Grandpa Chet, is 4th from the left.  The only girl is his sister, my Great Aunt Lil.  I remember visiting Aunt Lil when I was little and I went to her funeral when I was a young adult. 

Lil's daughter was my dad's cousin LaVell and she married Gene and they had a daughter named Jeanie.  Jeanie grew up and had a daughter named Judy.  Judy grew up and had Jessica.  Gloria and Jessica have been hanging out at school for the last couple of years and now they find out they have common ancestors!!  Pretty cool.  One of these days soon we are going to visit LaVell (who I have talked with on many occasions) and show her the connection.  I'm pretty sure Jessica has already told her since it sounds like they are pretty close.  I'll be sure to post about it when it happens! 


PS I hope this Real Time Blogging takes off because I prefer it. . .

2 comments:

Samantha said...

So wonderful to hear that church was good last Sunday!! I hope that trend continues. I will be diligent in praying for you all <3

Also, so fun that Gloria found out that one of her buds is related to her! :) I bet they love that!

Miss you Tanya, hope you are well <3

My Crazy Beautiful Life said...

Miss you, too, Sam!! And it makes me feel all warm inside when you comment on my blog! :)