Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Little Inspiration. . .

This is just a snippet of a blog post by my very favorite blogger, Mir from Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda.  When I read her writing it makes me want to write more and reminds me why I've been blogging for the last five years.  I wish I could be a little less private sometimes and a little more "real" like she is but even if I can't get there from here, I can still take her advice and make sure I have a record of my life- good and bad. . . (You can read the whole post right here).

"We went in, picked up our food, and headed back to the car. As we drove home, I said, “You know, you’ve had a tough run this year. No one would blame you for focusing on the hard stuff, and for feeling like life is just more difficult for you than for most other kids, and like that’s totally unfair. But you just had this incredible weekend—one that YOU MADE HAPPEN because you are smart and strong and a hard worker—and that’s the sort of thing I love to write about, do you know why?”
“Because it’s happy?” she guessed.
“Well, partially, I guess,” I said. “But it’s more than that. It’s because how you feel when this stuff happens, it fades. You’ll have another bad day, and you’ll feel like you always feel that way, discouraged and sick and powerless. But if you take the time to write about how you felt when your name was called on Friday, how you felt when you realized your team took first on Saturday, it makes it easier to remember. It gives it some permanence and power. It forces you to really know that the bad stuff isn’t all there is. You know?”

I've had thoughts lately about just letting the blog end with, "And they all lived happily ever after. . . " and leave it at that.  I can't/won't write about personal stuff and so it's tempting to just sign off but it's still a memory bank of how I live and someday I will look back on it and think that, all in all, I had a pretty interesting life.  Mir inspires me to keep writing . . .

4 comments:

love Tweety said...

And if you quit writing I will personally come to Idaho and hunt you down... Oh wait... maybe that is inspiration to stop writing. Scratch that. I NEED YOU, Tanya. Please don't stop. You are my inspiration!!!!

My Crazy Beautiful Life said...

So all I heard there was that you are coming to Idaho??? Yay!! Whatever it takes to get you here again!! Seriously, though, I don't think I could quit the blog even if I tried. I always come back to it to find some semblance of sanity!! Thanks and I really miss you!!

Mir said...

This post made me feel all warm and fuzzy. :) Thank you for reading, thanks for your kind words. Keep writing, whatever that means for you!

My Crazy Beautiful Life said...

Mir- You do inspire me and I love reading what you write both on Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda and Off Our Chests. I think you encourage a lot of people with what you say and how you say it. I know I have come to see things differently in many ways because of what you write. Thanks for the personal encouragement today - I needed it! :)