Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Y. . .


We joined the Y this winter.
I love it and I hate it. I love it because it's made working out much easier but I hate it because it's made working out much easier. I've never been a big fan of working out but now I have no choice.
There are 4 big motivating factors that get me to the gym:
The first one is, of course, money. I'm paying for it so I better get the most out of it that I possibly can (same reason I dislike going to buffet restaurants!).
The second thing that motivates me is the opportunity to watch a little television. We haven't had TV since the big changeover last June so it's really nice to watch the news. Or Oprah. Or The Biggest Loser. It's nice to plug my headphones into the jack on the treadmill and catch up for an hour. I've decided that's really all the TV I need.
The third thing that gets me to the gym isn't a thing but a person: Gloria. She actually enjoys working out and especially loves the pool at the West Y. I'd like to keep that love alive so when she asks me to take her, I do my best to make it happen.
And, finally, I go because I can. The day will come when my arms and legs might not be so willing to lift and bend and move so I'd better take advantage of them while I'm able!!

No comments: