Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Football . . .

I've been a fan of football for as long as I can remember. My grandma and I used to watch the Raiders when I would visit- they were her favorite team back then because there were always fights and it was fun to watch! My dad was a big Dallas Cowboys fan so, if anyone asked me growing up what my favorite team was, I would always say the Cowboys. Rob, on the other hand, grew up loving the Minnesota Vikings. I tried to like them, I really did, but I couldn't be unfaithful to the Cowboys. I have many good memories of lazy Sunday afternoons, lounging on the couch, watching football. . . . And now, we don't have TV because the government sold a bunch of signals (?) and we were too busy to get a converter box and I don't want to get sucked into cable SO if I want to watch a football game, or anything else for that matter, I have to go elsewhere. My in-laws have always been generous with everything they have so that has become the logical place to go. They have even welcomed my friends with open arms. AND lots of snacks.


All of that rambling about football really has very little to do with this post except for the fact that last Saturday we watched the BSU football game at my in law's house with the Sacketts. Tyler found the dress up hats that my kids have had fun with for years.


He found the wigs, too. . .


I always love it when the wigs come out. . .


Gloria begged me to try one on and I told her I would if she could convince Kurt to do the same. He, of course, took it a step further and tried on a hat, too! I followed through on my part of the bargain but since I'm the one behind the camera, there are, thankfully, no pictures. . .


Grandpa had given Gloria this lovely pink ball cap when we arrived and she wore it very sweetly. . .


Since it looked so cute on Gloria, wouldn't you think that would translate to just about anyone????

Not. . .

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry Tanya but you HAVE to change the last word from "maybe" to "NOT"!
This does not make an appealing picture in which to showcase my husband!
I hope not many people actually follow your blog or I may have to wear a paper bag over my head for a while!
Nice post - guess I will have to sneak in some shots of you when we come over. But really, all people will see is a huge lump of blankets!!!!!!lol

My Crazy Beautiful Life said...

I changed the post accordingly! Much better ending than the one I came up with! Not many people read and I'm trying to bury it under some other posts today but I just really couldn't help myself! My deepest apologies to you!! :)