Monday, September 7, 2009

Fall Harvest Festival. . .

On Saturday we set up and ran sound for a fall festival at The Grove in Boise. It was a little stressful because we didn't have much time to set up and sound check but the stress was short-lived. Kurt brought Laura and the kids so I had lots of good company. . .




I handed the camera over to Hailey early on and she took all of these great pictures. . .







Gloria always makes friends at these events and I knew it was only a matter of time before she met a boy. . .


I think it was pretty harmless. . .




I'm not sure what Laura is doing in this picture, but if you look into her sunglasses, you can see a reflection of the line array!! Great pic, Hailey. . .


The first band up was a group of kids who call themselves The Lounge Lizards. . .



They were very interesting. . .



Hailey had plenty of time between bands to take more great pics. . .












Love this picture of Tyler. . .


A couple of weeks ago Zach was laughing hysterically at the set of black and white pictures I found of the band Rob and I were in a LONG time ago while we were deciding on an "album cover". (Just for the record, they will NEVER be seen on the blog. . . ) I think Zach thought he could come up with some better cover photos . . .


I think they came up with some MUCH better album covers. . .














This is my favorite. . .




Back to the stage with Idaho Opera. . .

. . . And more great pics. . .




Hailey is very good at expression shots. . . I always make people smile and say cheese but she's very stealthy about it. Much more interesting. . .






The third group on stage was The Giant Leprechauns.


They were pretty good. . .







The final group of the evening was one of our favorites: Onomatopoeia!


The last time we ran sound for them was in February when we worked on their PBS concert.











These guys are always fun to work with!!






I have no idea who these boys are with Tyler but it's a pretty cute picture!:


The tear-down was pretty easy with everyone pitching in. I was just grateful it wasn't our stage and all we had to do was pack up audio and a couple of lights! Piece of cake!





Now that I have a Blackberry, it's much easier and more convenient to take even MORE pictures! I'm not thrilled with the quality, but I'm sure having fun with it. These are the pics I took on Saturday:

(obviously, Gloria took this one:)


Gloria and Destiny:


. . . At The Egyptian. . .


Hailey!!!





This is the picture I took of Hailey. . .

. . . and this is the picture she was taking!! Beautiful. . .

Onomotopeia:


Hailey and Laura!!:


Hailey and Gloria!!:


The Crew!!:


Good day with good friends. . .

No comments: