Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cluttered. . .

I overheard someone say the other day that her mind was cluttered.  I immediately decided that "cluttered" is the perfect description for my state of mind lately.  I don't know that I am necessarily busier than usual or that I have more on my plate but I feel like I'm in a constant state of I'll-Never-Catch-Up. . .

We have a lot going on.  Several big projects at work, the new "retail" space, the upcoming festival season, taxes.  And that's just the business.  The kids are busy, too, which means I'm busy trying to keep up with them and earn that ever elusive Mother-of-the-Year Award. 

No matter how hard I try, the house is never clean enough (for me), the paperwork is never detailed enough (for me) and the hours that I sleep are never long enough.

All of that to say, well, nothing really.  Just that my mind is cluttered these days but I'm sure it's only temporary.  Right?

However, a couple of things made me smile today.  Silly things, really. 

Like the Self-Serve copy machine at Kinkos.  Did you know that you can put a flash drive right into the USB port on the copy machine and custom print a document and pay for it all right there without needing help from anyone????  I didn't before today but now I do.  And it makes me happy.  I couldn't push the door open when we left the store but I totally conquered the copier!!

And. . . Playing the guitar.  I started playing in January as one of my New Year's Resolutions.  Well, my ONLY resolution because I've always said SOMEDAY I'm going to learn to play the guitar.  Someday came in January of 2012.  For me and the guitar, at least.  I've taught myself.  And I'm not good.  But I can play good enough for now and it makes things better.  Things in general feel better when I play.  You know, a little less cluttered. . .

No comments: