Sunday, September 26, 2010

Retreat . . .

I had a chance this weekend to get away for a relaxing retreat up at Quaker Hill in McCall. Sometimes these ventures can seem like more work than they're worth, but this trip really was a mini-vacation for me. I love my family, don't get me wrong, but my brain has been on overload lately and the peace and quiet of the trip to McCall was a real treat. Just me, my truck, the road and my music. It was lovely.


I really did have a purpose for going to Quaker Hill even though I might have gone anyway. The girls and I completed another leg of our Northwest Tour as we brought our 2-song repertoire to the Women's Retreat in McCall. . . Katrina was able to join us this time making it a reunion tour as well. . .

We managed to put together music for the entire weekend so we have added to our repertoire and who knows how far this could go?? We must start shopping for a tour bus. . .

Anyway, I napped; I ate meals that someone else cooked; I sang with my dear friends; I visited with Louise who I had no idea was planning to be there!; and I sat on a bench, in the sunshine, and talked to other women about all kinds of things that you can only talk to other women about.

And then I drove home. Alone. More peace and quiet. Ahhhh. . .


In the meantime. . .


Rob and the kids spent the weekend working on Zach's house. We had to put it on hold during the busy summer months and now are hoping to finish it up in the next couple of weeks.


It now has insulation and outlets. It just needs interior walls, carpet and paint and Zach (and all of his stuff) can move in!!



This is sooooo red neck. . .


Welcome back to reality. . .

No comments: