Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Final Project. . .

One of the only difficult things about homeschooling Zach has been keeping track of credits for his high school transcripts. He doesn't go off to PE class so I have to think about the days he gets exercise or works out in some way so I can gather enough "hours" for a PE credit. It's the same way with Art and Technology. While we do quite a bit of intentional work in these areas, one of the pros of homeschooling is that real life experience can count for at least part of the credit.

This year Zach has worked with Rob quite a bit out in the shop. First of all, they built the shop. Zach learned all about planning, constructing and even electrical work. He also helped build cases and had a hand in just about every project Rob has worked on in the last 12 months. He has measured, cut, nailed and constructed. I believe he's learned a great deal in the process. I have no problem giving him a credit in Wood Shop this year.

All of that said, I am considering this latest venture Zach's Final Project. I may even have Rob give him a final exam! I won't go into any detail until the project is finished but here are a few hints:











I'm thinking this will look good in his portfolio!!

No comments: