Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Little Something Just For Me. . .

I meant it when I told Rob I couldn't drive the van anymore. The Subaru died a few weeks ago and, lately, the van won't start unless you crawl underneath and bang on the starter so I had to put my foot down. Both of our vehicles could be running with a minor amount of time and expense but it's really only a matter of time before something else goes wrong and, with my luck, it will be at a very inopportune time. We haven't had a car payment in a really long time, so I've been putting off car shopping in order to avoid the inevitable, but it really is time to invest in a reliable vehicle. Monday was our only chance to shop and I was determined to not leave empty-handed.




Rob informed me that it would be a long process and I would have to drive many, many vehicles before we found the right one with the right price and this would include driving to several different car lots. I don't have the patience to shop for much of anything and I already had a pretty good idea of what I wanted. My first car was a truck. It was a little Ford Courier with two tone paint and a questionable brake job but I loved it. It was a stick shift and I learned to compensate for the brakes by downshifting at stop lights. It served me very well for over two years. After driving a Toyota Celica for a few years, I bought a new 1990 Toyota pickup that Rob eventually drove into the ground in a courier job and was then finished off by a neighbor girl who totaled it due to not scraping her icy windows one winter morning. In 1995, we bought a brand new white Nissan pickup with an extra cab that was perfect for three-year old Zach. Rob drove a pretty blue mustang at that time but we eventually down graded our vehicles so we could have a house and a family. And a business. When we finally made the last payment on a huge load of debt this winter, I started dreaming about owning another pickup. On Monday, my dream came true!! I am now the proud owner of a 2005 Dodge Dakota- the first and only one I test-drove!! Of course, I had to show it off a little bit. . .



























This should make my life a lot easier. . .

1 comment:

love Tweety said...

Oh I am sooo jealous. I had a Dodge Dakota before the Expedition we have now. I LOVED it... Although it wouldn't quite fit our family anymore. I wish I had a truck again, though