Sunday, January 25, 2009

Quiz Meet #3

The quiz meet last weekend was a blast!! I took over 300 pictures but narrowed it down to about 120 for the blog. We've had a very busy week getting ready for one of our biggest shows EVER at The Egyptian so I can't say as much as I'd like about the quiz meet so, in the interest of time, I've decided to list the highlights and let the pictures speak for themselves!!

  • Zach and Andrew took 2nd and 3rd respectivly by quizzing out every single round and the team placed 5th out of 15 teams. I was so proud!!!


  • Stephanie memorized 3 verses and jumped quick enough to answer a verse question perfectly! Go Stephy!!

  • Zach "survived" the memory verse-off (it was an 8-way tie!).
  • We stayed with the McConaughey's in their "new" house in Newberg. It's a great old house with lots of rooms and personality. It was wonderful to see them even though we didn't have anywhere near enough time to catch up.

  • We took a walking tour of the George Fox campus and the Yearly Meeting Office where Shawn works. I love that they can walk just about any where they need to go.


  • We played Settlers of Catan two times, once with the Koskelas!! A huge highlight for me.


  • Even though the weather wasn't great either way, we made it there and back without any problems. We had thick fog over the blues on the way there and very snowy/icey conditions on the way home but we stayed safe. We saw several accidents including an SUV on it's side in Portland and a jack-knifed semi but other than that travel was pretty uneventful.
  • I think I took some decent scenery photos considering I was in a moving vehicle. It's such a pretty drive and I think a captured a little bit of that.

  • All in all it was a great trip. I had a lot of fun with my team and enjoyed catching up with good friends!

Road Trip to Newberg:




Thick fog over the Blue Mountains:



Zach's sketch of Andrew:

Zach's sketch of Stephanie:







Jered leapt over the fence and ran out to meet us:


Shawn's office:




George Fox University Campus:





Dinner out with the McConaughey's. Thanks, Shawn and Katrina!!

Back at the house for games:


The Quiz Meet!!!:



















The Verse Off:








Afternoon rounds of quizzing:











My Team!!:








My Girls!!!:
The last round of the day was against the Newberg team. Gregg took this next set of pictures for me:







It was very, very close but the Newberg team won the afternoon round and the Boise team won the morning round:


I love all of the expressions in this picture:




Dinner:





The activity: A Mall Scavenger Hunt!






Awards:

The computer was down at the last meet so the first awards that were given were from December. Zach took 5th place and Andrew placed third!!



Andrew placed third again for this meet and was very proud of his two white ribbons!!

Zach with his 2nd place ribbon, his verse-off surviver certificate and his fifth place ribbon from the last meet:

End of a long day. . . .





















One more game of Catan. . .

The first of many accidents we saw on the way home:

Portland:



Road Trip Home!!:












































It took me all week to get this posted! Meanwhile, we experienced one of our biggest events ever. . . The main show is Friday night but I've already taken about 300 pictures of the set up and dress rehersal. . . It's been quite a week.

No comments: