Sunday, January 11, 2009

An Event With A View

On Saturday we set up in the skybox that overlooks the BSU football field. I handed my camera over to Hayden and he took some great pictures of the view:





The room is glass from floor to ceiling and overlooks not only the blue turf but also a portion of downtown as well as the nearby mountains. It's really something to see.

I had to drag Zach along since I knew he would enjoy it once he got there. He didn't mind at all and the three kids helped with the set up and got to hang out together in this cool room with a view.

(We really missed Hailey, however, and hope she feels better soon!!)

Soul Purpose is an 8 member disco band that we have run sound for many times in the past. They are nice and easy to work with but rarely all arrive at the same time making the sound check difficult/impossible. Surprisingly enough, all 8 of them were there allowing enough time for a run through.

Everything was in perfect working order. . .

We had taken the time earlier in the week to ensure we had enough seperate power circuits to run our system as well as the light trees that the band brings in and we were assured that the outlets we were using were seperate. So it was a little surprising when a circuit popped at the end of the first song! I don't think the crowd even realized it since they were all talking and it only affected the band and us. It was handled calmly and smoothly and we quickly realized the outlets had been labeld wrong! After a few minutes of re-routing, the lights were plugged in along another wall and no harm was done. The band played for the next 3 hours. . .

My two favorite songs they perform are Barry Manilow's, "Copa Cabana" and The Bee Gee's "Stayin' Alive". They stick in my head for days afterwards!!

This is the kind of event that I sit back and wonder about my life and this business and how far we've come and how interesting things can be from one day to the next. . .

. . . and I can't help but think I've got it pretty good. . .

In spite of the details that sometimes weigh me down, I'm thankful for this business and the people I get to work with. . .

No comments: