Sunday, January 11, 2015

There and Back Again. . .

Another trip to Newberg and back in a two day time period.  I'm getting used to this and it really doesn't bother me.  The trip over is nice because Zach and I have a nice long drive to talk.  Or not talk.  And the trip back is nice because I listen to an audio book and enjoy the scenery and the not talking. 

We did manage to do most of the things we wanted to do, including the Hobbit marathon we had planned.  On Thursday night we watched Hobbit 1 and 2 at home and then saw the third one in the theatre on Friday night after Gloria's play.  It turned out to be an Imax showing, which we hadn't planned on, but it turned out ok anyway.  We were the only ones in the theatre until just before it started and then three more people came in.  I have my opinions about Jackson's interpretation but am too tired to say it now.  In a nutshell, they were worth watching even though there were some eye rolling elements.  I'm pretty sure I couldn't have done it justice if I had been in Jackson's shoes so I think he did the best he could considering everything that he had to work with. 

We played all of the new board games we bought for Christmas and visited both sets of grandparents. He lost his wisdom teeth and about half of his hair. 

The atmosphere in the house is different when Zach is home.  More in balance, I think.  He and I are very similar creatures.  It was so great having him home for a month and so hard to leave him at school.  I miss him already. 

No comments: