Monday, October 20, 2014

Lazy Weekend. . .

I accomplished absolutely nothing this weekend.  Unless you count catching up on my blog, chauffeuring the girls around and hanging out at The Village.

For too many years I let life drag me around, skewing my priorities, telling me to do this and do that so my world doesn't implode.  And then it all kind of imploded and nothing really bad happened. In fact, I'm starting to believe things are going to be so much better than they've ever been because I'm learning to let go.  (I've sung the chorus of the Frozen theme song plenty of times in my head!)

I also have daily FB reminders like this one that mostly just go in one ear and out the other but sometimes stick with me and make me think:



So this weekend we watched a cute toddler, had Street Tacos at The Village (twice!) and went bowling at Big Als.  It was lovely.  And at the end of the day Gloria told me I'm the best mom ever.  And I think she meant it.  And I love that I have this relationship with my teenage daughter. 





No comments: