Thursday, August 21, 2014

Zach, aka Darth Maul . . .

My kids have no shortage of love from their grandparents.  I don't think they've ever taken that love for granted but they certainly rely on it.  When Zach decided to be Darth Maul for Halloween, he knew he needed a seamstress to come along side and create the most authentic costume possible.  He also knew that I would definitely be the wrong person to ask.  Thankfully we have Grandma Jeanie.  Zach did his research and drew up the plans.  Grandma understands how important this holiday is to my boy and she went all out to create the costume he designed.  It's not like Grandmas is an expert on Star Wars characters so she relied on his drawings and, after much work and a few fittings, this is what they came up with:

 
I contributed the gloves and boots (birthday gifts!) but Zach and Grandma get all of the credit for this great costume:
 










Halloween has always been a big deal to Zach so it's no wonder he started working on his costume back in the spring.  He has continued to make his plan for the actual day with full Darth Maul makeup and I can't wait to see what he looks like on October 31st!

No comments: