Sunday, August 10, 2014

Art Festival. . .

This was the post that held me up for so long.  Too many pictures, too many thoughts.  And now it's far enough in the past that it's not a big deal.  This is one of those events that has actually been enjoyable for me.  Laid back and easy.  And this was the last time . . .

 







We had another event on the evening of the second day of the Arts Fest- High Street at City Hall in Meridian.  Rob had stuff to do all weekend so I helped Kurt with the Art Fest and hired Jamie to help Rob at City Hall.  I just showed up part way through and listened.  This is a band worth listening to for sure. . .





Day Two of the Art Fest:


And. . . taking it all down.  I remember thinking when I took these last four pictures, that I wanted to remember how physically demanding this part of all of our events has been so that if I ever feel sentimental about it I can look at these pictures and feel relief that I don't have to do it anymore. . .




Since I'm posting this in retrospect on October 18th, I know that we had just two more set ups like this one and each was more difficult than the one before it.  So I guess you could say I will miss this particular event a teeny tiny bit but the back breaking tear downs will always, only make me shudder. . .

No comments: