Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Miss. Won't Miss.

So. . . rumor has it that I might be unemployed on October 1st.  By choice.  If you've read my blog since 2007, this probably won't surprise you.  This business is a lot of hard work.  A lot.  And I'm not getting any younger.  And my kids aren't getting any younger.  And I would like my life to revolve around something other than this business.  If anyone is reading this, I can hear you say, "You're just now figuring this out???"  I'm a little slow on the uptake. 

So I've decided to do a series of posts called, "Miss / Won't Miss" as part of my process of letting go.  There are obviously things I will miss about this industry that I've been a part of for 10 plus years.  And there are plenty of things that I will NOT miss.  This should be interesting. . .


I will miss these girls.  They are my favorites.  Plus this event was at a sweet little winery on a beautiful day in May and I didn't have to contribute much.  Plenty to miss about this:




What I will NOT miss is working with "Big Names" for small pay.  Even when the pay isn't small, it's just a very stressful thing (to me) to jump through all the hoops and then feel responsible to all of the people who pay big bucks to come and see a perfect show.  The pressure is REAL! 
 
This is Suzy Bog**uss.  (Her name is not a swear word, this just keeps Google from finding me!).  She was lovely to work with, the room is very familiar since we helped design it, and, all in all, it was a successful evening.  But I will not miss working with Nashville Recording Stars in the least. 
 
 
And, that was helpful!!  And very therapeutic!!  I'll have to do this again for sure!

No comments: