Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Adventure. . .

When I was about 14 years old, I took a Greyhound bus to Gooding, Idaho to spend a week with a friend that I met at camp.  I don't remember too much about it but I don't remember being at all afraid to ride the bus alone.  I guess that's one of the reasons I didn't really have a problem putting my kids on a bus and sending them off into the wild blue yonder this morning.



Of course, Zach hardly qualifies as a kid anymore, so that helps, too.  Mostly, I'm just really going to miss their company.  I enjoy my kids most of the time.  They certainly have their moments that push me towards the edge, but for the most part, they are pretty responsible and self-sufficient.  (Note to self: knock on wood.)

As I write this, they are (probably) comfortably situated at Gil and Louise George's house in Woodlawn, Idaho.  For 10 whole days.  (Ha! Just got a text from Gloria to say she is "good".)

When Louise called a couple of months ago to say she was contemplating putting on the play, Fat, Fat Jehoshophat at her church, I quickly volunteered my kids to help out.  After all, who can play King Jehoshophat better than Zach??

This is Zach playing the King in 2005:


The entire cast in 2005:

Zach in 2008:

And the entire cast in 2008:

So, you see, we just couldn't pass up the opportunity to do this again!!

I'll drive up and watch the play on the 29th and then drop Zach off at Quaker Hill where he'll be a counselor for 2 more weeks!! 

Really looking forward to seeing this older, wiser Jehoshaphat. . .

No comments: