Saturday, May 2, 2015

George Fox University, Class of 2015!!

One of the proudest moments in my parenting life is the day Zach graduated from George Fox University.  He didn't act like it was a big deal but I know how hard he worked and the choices he made in order to not only graduate in four years, but to graduate with honors!!  His last semester was full of surprises like the honors cords, an invitation to Lamda Pi Eta and an award for Outstanding Graduate in Organizational Communication for 2015.  I met two of the professors who mentored, educated and made an overall great impact on his life and I watched him walk across the stage (and across the Jumbo Tron) as he accepted his degree with the rest of the graduating class of 2015.  I'm so proud. . .

This is the photo text he sent me while we were waiting in the stands for the graduating class to appear.  He was so surprised and humbled by the honors recognition. . .
 
These are two of the professors who made an impact.  One of them wrote a note that he hopes they might publish a paper together someday. . .


 This is from the graduation program. . .
 
We couldn't have asked for better weather considering it was an afternoon in May in rainy Oregon.  It was clear, warm and beautiful. . .  




There he is!!!!




 

There he goes!!!!!





Larger than life. . .


So cool. . .












 


 

I'm sure I will have other parenting moments that will rival this one but these memories and photos will always make me smile. . .

No comments: